Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Figuring it all out...kind of

Well folks, I went in to my apartment leasing office today and double-checked to see when my lease goes up and as of July 31st, I will no longer be a resident of Norman, Oklahoma. Wow, what a crazy set of emotions that brings! 

And I completely realize that I've known all along that I would be leaving Norman very, very soon, but having an exact date really lets it sink in that my days are numbered and that the next phase of life is looming ever closer. And I'm so ready for it!

Not to keep on changing my mind constantly, because I know my mood swings are giving you guys some killer whip-lash, but I have officially and finally decided 100% that I want, above all else, to get accepted into the Spain masters program. Which is going to be a bitch if I don't get accepted, but there's no turning back now. But it's a good thing that I've finally made my mind up, because it's really helped me get motivated to tie up lots of loose ends and get all the application stuff taken care of. So now, hopefully, I'll get everything done and sent off in time and I'll have a killer application that will get me selected! Woo hoo!

As to the day-to-day life for now, things are alright. I still hate my job with a passion and I've literally started counting down the days until this internship is over with. I'm not kidding ya'll, I set a stopwatch every day I go in to work that is set for when I get to go home. That's not normal, right? 

And I can't lie, I'm just waiting for them to give me a reason to quit. And I've got these huge, gratifying scenarios that have started growing in my head of just how I'm going to quit. Most of them revolving around me punching the CEO in the face and shoving the damn phone down my boss' throat. (not literally of course, cause that would just be gross) And somehow, those little mental images help me get through the day. :)

So I'm pretty much always working for the weekend. Which isn't a bad thing, I guess. But it just really makes me hope beyond all else that, when the time comes, I find a job that I actually enjoy going in to.

Aaaaaanyways, that's really all I've got for now. On a side note, I've been stocking up on books lately, and as of now I've got a mound of about 8 books that I'm pumped about diving into. 

Wow, I'm getting lame in my old age...

No comments: