Thursday, March 5, 2009

The good times never end

I actually have a ton of great stuff to talk about, but in between coming down with strep throat and trying to get my Spain grad school application off, I haven't exactly had time to sit down and type out all of my thoughts.

But no matter, because my first bit of good news is that my Spain grad school application is officially off to Madrid as we speak! I can't even describe how good it felt to finish that thing and get it sent off. It's been a HUGE monkey on my back for so long now and I've been dreading the deadline for awhile because I knew I would put most of it off until the last second. Which I totally did.

But it's done. And now it's out of my hands. So say an extra prayer or two for me guys, I'm really hoping for this! (if I don't get it, it won't be the end of the world, but this is just the top choice at the moment)

Now on to more fun things. First of all, this last weekend was freaking amazing. For real.

Friday night there was a 90s themed party that a bunch of us went to...and the costumes were awesome. My friend Kayla and I decided to channel early 90s Nickelodeon and dress up like the Blue Barracudas from Legends of the Hidden Temple. And what better way to show you how awesome it was than by tossing a picture up here for you guys? So here you go!

I think we pulled it off pretty well, especially for making our entire costume. And we totally would have kicked ass on Legends of the Hidden Temple.

And as you can see by this picture, we definitely kept the teamwork going throughout the entire night. Hey, if we put that much work into it, we were going to enjoy ourselves.

And here you can see Kayla with some of the other girls that were there. From left to right it's Susana, Gloria, Kayla, and Paz. All of these girls are from Valencia in Spain and they're all hoping that Kayla and I both get accepted into the Spain program.

Saturday night was Colombia Night on campus which included a big cultural show, a nice dinner, and a party afterwards, similar to a Panam party. Or exactly like a Panam party. But anyway,  here are me and some of the guys about to head out to the after party. From L to R, it's Nathan, Dini, me and Marc.

And then here is a huge group of us at the actual party. We all had a great time and it was easily one of my favorite nights lately.

Well, as much as I would love to continue chatting about life in general, I'm supposed to be playing Rock Band over at Erin's right now, so I'm going to head out. But expect a lot more posting now that the application is done! Woo hoo!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

no crap you'd kick butt on that show, you'd be competing against 11 year olds.