Thursday, February 12, 2009

A little more optimism

You know, sometimes it's hard to be optimistic and positive. And, let's be honest, at times I can be a little over-dramatic. And even though I was having just a bit of a crisis, I went a little overboard in that last post with the "my life is crazier than anything else in the entire world" bit.

In any case, things still aren't perfect and I still don't have any real direction, but I've found myself being hopeful again. Maybe because I made a few changes. Maybe because we all have to freak out every once in a while. Regardless, I'm looking at the blank canvas in front of me with excitement again rather than fear.

Speaking of changes, I decided to drop all my classes. What the heck was I thinking enrolling in classes after graduating? You can't tell me a single college student who wants to study for more tests when they are completely arbitrary and useless. So I gave class the ax. And now I am truly done with college. And that's a nice feeling. 

I have decided to go ahead and apply for the Spain program since I still don't know for sure what I really want to do. If I don't get accepted, it won't be the end of the world. And if I do get accepted, well, I'll cross that bridge when I get to it. I've gotta say though, there are worse things to do than to spend a year in Spain.

I've also started applying for about a hundred jobs all over the country. I think the main place I've been focused on has been Boston, but I'm so open to go anywhere. I don't know if I want to stay gone from this area of the country forever, but I know it would be nice to get away for awhile.

Anyway, on to more important things....my nephew's 2nd birthday was this last week and the party of the year took place in Calvin, Oklahoma to celebrate it. Everyone who is anyone was there. And here are some of the photos snapped by the paparazzi:

Here the new 2 year old is sporting a smashing Mickey Mouse ensemble with his Finding Nemo ball accessory.

And here we see the little guy diving into the icing from the birthday cake.

And here we see the lucky little fella in the arms of the coolest guy in the entire world.

So anyway, that's really all I've got for now. Things definitely aren't bad and even though I'm still trying my hardest to get everything figured out, I'm a lot more optimistic about it all.

And just as a side not, all of this written to the blaring sounds of smooth jazz coming from my next door neighbors. Hey, at least it's not techno.

1 comment:

Megan said...

I'm glad you dropped your classes... Doesn't it feel like a huge weight was just lifted?! It also means we need to get together more often...