Saturday, February 14, 2009

A few more things about me

I think we've all done, or at least seen, these "25 things about me" lists rotating around facebook. And I've actually already done one while bored at work one day. But I was bored at home today, and thought to myself about how there are SO many more things that are really interesting about me. So here you go, a few more little bits and pieces of what makes me who I am:

1. When I'm out with my foreign friends, I often pretend like I'm from a European country so that I won't seem boring.

2. I have the biggest sweet tooth in the entire world and I have a complete lack of ability to turn down any kind of cookie, brownie, cake, or ice cream. :/

3. I am the farthest thing from a music snob in the entire world. I don't care if your favorite music is Relient K, Celine Dion, Pantera, Garth Brooks, or Elton John. I believe in listening to what makes you feel good. (However, I miiiiight judge you juuuuust a little if you listen to Creed)

4. If I could do college all over again, there are definitely a few tweaks and changes I would make here and there, but for the most part, I would do it all the same.

5. I own every single book that Christopher Moore has ever written, including his book that was just released this week. I would say I have a borderline obsession with his writing, which is most definitely not for everyone.

6. I waste a ridiculous amount of time youtubing, facebooking, and generally finding websites that I find funny and/or amusing. And I always make sure to share the particularly good ones with anyone that I think would be interested.

7. I freaking love to laugh. Like hard enough that it makes me cry. Make me laugh and I'll love you forever.

8. Any animal with an unnatural amount of legs/extra appendages creeps the f out of me. This includes, but is not limited to, spiders, crabs, scorpions, grasshoppers, octopi, and centipedes.

9. I very rarely watch much tv, but lately I've been watching the crap out of HGTV. Don't judge me. But I could literally watch House Hunters and Property Virgins for hours on end. It gets me excited to move somewhere and get my own place.

10. I feel like I go through so many personal changes/developments that I can't even begin to fathom the kind of person I will be in 20 years.

11. I get horrible road rage. A lady cut me off just last night and stole my parking spot at Target and I legitimately considered keying her car. It's a weakness, I know.

12. One of my absolute biggest pet peeves in the world is people who use racial slurs and derogatory statements. If I ever hear you say a discriminatory remark against any person/particular group of people, I will automatically think considerably less of you.

13. I'm horrible at dating. For real. I think I was born without the good boyfriend gene.

14. I kind of wish that I felt more connected to my fraternity. I honestly doubt I will keep in touch with that many guys from my house and that makes me really sad. It's not that it wasn't great while it lasted, and I loved it while I was there, but I just don't feel it anymore.

15. I'm definitely a summer person. I have no desire whatsoever to live somewhere where it snows year round. Which is interesting, because my job hunt keeps leading me to cities in the north.

16. Really good, meaningful music lyrics really make emotional. Don't be surprised to see me tear up during "I'm Taking You With Me" by Relient K. 

17. I have recently acquired a slight potty mouth. And I'm not sure where the hell it came from.

18. People who condemn other people by using the Bible to justify their actions make me sick. Seriously. What ever happened to loving each other? 

19. I have a superhuman sense of smell. I can smell when any of my neighbors are smoking anywhere around my building. Which is actually not a good thing.

20. I have this really inexplicable desire to move to Boston even though I've never been there. Or anywhere in the northeast (except for NYC) for that matter.

21. I love to drive and super-long road trips are some of my favorite things in this world. My road trip buddies always assume that I just don't trust them to drive my car, but really it's just that I like being behind the wheel.

And I didn't feel like going to 25, so that's all you get.

1 comment:

emmy said...

6. Share them with me! Email me at my TFA address!
16. You know how I feel about this song.
20. Move soon! And what's wrong with NYC? :(