Friday, August 1, 2008

And The Adventure Begins

Well, here I am in Denmark starting the Scandinavian Adventure that I´ve been planning for so long. And I gotta admit, I kinda like it.

I don´t really have long to type because I´m on the community computer (which happens to have a Danish keyboard. NOT easy to type with) so I have to be really brief.

Things about Copenhagen:

1. The language is crazy. Anytime a street name has 15 letters in it, you´ve reached the level of crazy.

2. I assumed it would be cold here because it´s so far north. WRONG. It feels as hot here as it did in Spain, mainly because of the humidity.

3. I thought the exchange rate would help me out. 100€ = around 650 Danish kroner. WRONG again. This place is crazy expensive. One fanta cost me over 30 kroner. Sick.

4. Travelling alone is not scary at all. You meet so many incredible people in hostels that you´re never alone. Last night I went out with 2 Canadians, 3 Germans, and 1 Australian. Awesome.

5. Danish people are freaking gorgeous. For real. The women, the men, the children, they´re all BEAUTIFUL. I´ve seen more tall, blonde people the past couple of days than I have in my entire life, but that´s not even it. Something about their faces makes them incredible to look at. Almost everyone here could be a model. Kills the self esteem, but definitely fun to people watch.

Okay, I´ve gotta get off so the other kiddos can get a chance. But know that I´m alright and things are going great! Two-ish more days in Copenhagen, 4 days in Sweden, and then a week with Anne in Norway! And then home! The next two weeks are looking pretty great, even if I do miss Spain just a little bit. :)

No comments: