Friday, August 15, 2008

Back In The Land Of English

Finally finally finally, after hours and hours and hours (can you sense a slight over exaggeration?) I have arrived back in good old America. And as much as I wish I could say it was a blissfully uneventful journey home, it sadly was not. Lots of sleeping in airports, unexpected train rides, and delayed flights. In fact, I am currently sitting in my hotel room in New Jersey (conveniently paid for by Continental Airlines) because my flight was so delayed from Madrid to Newark that there weren't anymore flights out when I got here. So boo to that.

Of course, one cool thing is that I have a great view of downtown NYC from my hotel room window. So as far as first views of the US go, this is a pretty good one.

I have a few more last pictures I took of Norway and Europe in general, and I would love to go much more in depth about the LONG journey home, but right now I'm just too exhausted and I have to be up at 4:30 in the morning to catch my flight to Cleveland, so I'm going to call it a night. But just know that I am back in the homeland where I actually understand everyone that talks to me! Woo Hoo!

As for me now, I'm going to sit back, relax, and watch some Olympics. Which is nice to finally see them in English. Simple pleasures. :)

No comments: