Wednesday, August 6, 2008

A Brighter Day

So Sweden continues to brighten up in several ways. First and foremost, it FINALLY stopped raining and at a few (VERY few) points during the day, I was actually able to see blue sky.

Secondly, things brightened up because I finally have got to see Anne! And I met her sister Eva, who I have heard about for all these years. And seeing Stockholm with those two has been a lot of fun.

First off, the three of us met at the Royal Palace last night to go find a place to get some dinner. We picked this one restaurant that had some great Swedish food, which consisted mostly of fish. But I got some great swordfish and fried potatoes, so it was great.


Here is a picture of Anne and I from dinner. We were definitely those people who took tons of pictures and bothered everyone with the flash. But I didn't care, because I was so excited to see her.
And here is Eva, who is three years younger than Anne. She's really cool, too, and we get along great. It's like we've been old friends for years.

So today the three of us decided to hop on a boat and see some of the other islands in this little archipelago around Stockholm. It was a lot of fun, and luckily, I didn't get seasick! Thank God for small blessings, right?


So here is a view from the back of the boat as we left the harbor.

And here is a shot of Old Town Stockholm, where the oldest buildings are and where a lot of the original architecture is still there. I am being completely honest when I say that Stockholm is a really beautiful city, and I honestly wish I had a little more time here to explore things.


So the island that we went to was probably the most stereotypical Swedish looking place I have ever seen. It was covered in these little red wooden buildings that each had some different type of artisan in it, like glass blowers, silversmiths, etc. It was really cool.

It also had some incredible natural scenery all around the island. Sweden is a pretty untouched place, and it really shows in the great landscape.

So the three of us decided to go sit down and take the scenery in for awhile, just to grab a breather.

Anyway, I really don't have any time to describe anymore, but I can honestly say that, other than the horrible weather in the beginning, Sweden has been great! I love it!

And tomorrow, it's off to Norway!

No comments: