Thursday, July 31, 2008

Adios Spain!

Well, that time has finally come. The time I have been dreading/looking forward to for so long. It's such a weird mix of feelings to be leaving, but at the present time, those feelings are mostly sad. I have grown to love Spain and my life here so much, that I almost can't imagine life before it. Like I had said before, time is weird here. It feels like I've only been here for a day, yet it also feels like I've been here for years.

Anyway, I had planned to write out a nice, long post about my deeper feelings and thoughts on moving away, but naturally, I waited to pack until last night which was no easy task. And I'm writing this now as I should be heading out to catch my bus to the airport. So I'm sure once I get home I'll try and recreate those feelings as I'm sure they'll still be just as strong.

But as for me right now, I'm getting more and more excited for my whirlwind two week tour of Scandinavia! First Copenhagen today, then Malmo and Stockholm, Sweden for a few days, then Oslo and Bergen, Norway. It's going to be crazy, but it's going to be incredible. Especially finally getting to see Anne in her home environment.

So for now I'm saying adios to Spain with a sad heart, but with a little excitement for the next phase, too.

No comments: