Tuesday, March 10, 2009

You know you're getting old

....when you get excited about a new pair of slacks. And sadly, I've reached that point in life. Not sure how I feel about that. :/

But seriously, I went with my mom this weekend shopping down at some outlets in old Téjas and got some new stuff. A few new things for work including slacks, shirts, and a tie. And I legitimately want to show them off to people. Didn't I only used to get excited like this about toys and crap like that? When did I get this damn old?

Another sign of these troubled times is that I'm also just as excited about this huge stack of books I am currently working my way through.

They cover a pretty wide range of genres, but they're all books I've either been recommended lately or ones I've glanced at on my lunch break and decided I couldn't live without. So far I've finished The Stupidest Angel, which is one of my new Christopher Moore books, and I'm almost finished with Everything Changes. The Stupidest Angel was really good and it fit right in with Christopher Moore's kind of dirty humor, which is perfect for me. And Everything Changes has been an amazing book as well. Pretty sure the next one I start is going to be Flowers for Algernon, just because it looks like a good one.

Aaaaaannnnnd man this post is boring. My bad guys.

I really wish there was something exciting to talk about. My life is just not exciting in any way, shape, or form these days. Work sucks, but I don't want to keep complaining about that because I know it's about as fun to hear about as it is to go to. I've definitely played that topic out.

However, I did find out that I will know for sure on April 3rd whether or not I got into the Spain program. Which will be nice, because I'm sick of all this uncertainty. It's really getting old. I also know that I am going on a road trip next week for Spring Break, which will be fun in it's own right. Probably more of a stressful trip than I would like because it's going to take a LOT of coordinating. But at least it's a trip away for awhile. Which will be nice.

Oh. My. Gosh. I'm boring myself.

That's it. I'm done. I'll only be back when I have something entertaining to talk about. Which could be awhile.

P.S. I'm kind of thinking about starting a video blog type thing through youtube rather than posting on this. Seems like I could maybe be a tad bit more personal that way. Yet I also don't want to be one of those weird vloggers. Thoughts?

1 comment:

Megan said...

Those weird vloggers are weird... And I remember whenever I talked about reading books you asked me when I got to be so old? Well my friend... the table has turned. But there is something about not being in college that makes you like read? I believe it!