Thursday, March 12, 2009

So Much Good

You know, I would consider myself to be a very contemplative person. I often find myself in my own little world thinking through things and really mulling them over. (Mulling? Who actually uses that word anymore?) And I know that often comes out on this blog, too, as so many of my posts are reflections about the life I lead and turning relatively small situations into huge, mountainous problems. 

And I try not to. Honestly, I do. But I'm nothing if not dramatic.

Anyway, I find myself more and more lately in absolute awe of just how much good there is in my life and in the world in general. Sure, things aren't perfect and they never will be. But I find myself being more and more okay with that.

Here are a few of the good things that I'm currently happy with:

  • The HUGE stack of books that I am currently enjoying the crap out of. Seriously, I have some good taste in books.
  • The HUGE road trip that I am leaving for in less than 24 hours! Yay! I'm going with about 15 other people, mostly international students (I know, so typical), and we're going to spend a night in Memphis, a night somewhere in Alabama, 3 nights in Panama City, Florida, one in New Orleans, one in San Antonio, and one in Austin. This vacation is probably going to wear me out more than it will relax me, but it is going to be so worth it. A whole week driving across the country with some of the best friends a guy could ask for? Yes, please.
  • The fact that I got an email from the University of Alcalá (the school in Spain where I'm applying for grad school) today saying they had received my application and everything looked fine. Sure, it's no acceptance letter, but at least I know I've done everything possible on my side to get everything in on time. It's out of my hands, but surprisingly, I'm not all that stressed out about it. Weird, right?
  • The fact that even if I don't get in, I have a college degree that I know will open up doors for me somewhere out there. Will I get a dream job right off the bat? Eh, probably not. But it's exciting to think that I will be starting my life one way or another.
  • The fact that my favorite drag queen is in the top 3 on RuPaul's Drag Race. :) Now before you judge, take the time to watch an episode. Sure, it's a mess of a tv show, but it's incredibly entertaining. I'll take it over mainstream reality tv any day.
Anyway, that's really all I've got for now. I guess I'm just in a really good mood lately and I wanted to pass that off to you lovely folks.

Hope all is just as well in your world! And if not, give me a call, I'll try to persuade you in person!

1 comment:

emmy said...

I would love for you to persuade me to be in a good mood in person. AKA, COME TO NEW YORK!

Love and miss you bunches!