Monday, December 22, 2008

All Good Things

Well folks, it is finally official. I am a graduate of the University of Oklahoma. I (figuratively) hold a degree from a major university. I finally did it. Wow.

Of course, graduation was emotional. The culmination of years of hard work always will always tug at the heart strings, no matter who you are. And the goodbyes are always hard and never fun.

But, rather than dwell on the sad stuff, it's time to look forward. Not too far forward, of course, since I will still be in Norman for the spring, after all. But still. I find that I spend too much time admiring the past. Which isn't necessarily a bad thing. The past has made me who I am and it was full of amazing times. But the future is more important.

Well crap, here I go getting all sappy and cheezy. No more of that.

So anyway, Christmas is basically here. How it got here so fast, I'll never know. But since finals ended so close to the Christmas season, I haven't really had time to sit down and make out a proper wish list. So folks, in no particular order, here are the things that hold the top 10 spots on my 2008 wish list (and we'll see how many of these things get crossed off by Christmas 2009):

10. I wish I knew how to play the piano. For real ya'll. I've always wanted to know how to play and I was this close (imagine me pinching my fingers together in the air) to taking a piano class while at OU. Dang. But you're never too old to learn, right?
9. I wish I had a plan for my life starting around August/September 2009. Oh that would be just dandy. Because the idea of being a bum for the rest of my life surprisingly isn't all that appealing.
8. I wish I had a new computer, cause this old '03 laptop just isn't cutting the mustard anymore.
7. I wish I had a puppy. Specifically one of these puppies. No lie, I would pee my pants if one of these showed up on my doorstep for Christmas.
6. I wish I could speak a crazy language. Like Russian. Or Croatian. For real. As soon as I finish up perfecting my Spanish skills (which, by the rate of how good I am now, is going to take a looooooooong time) I'm moving on to one of the more rando Euro languages.
5. I wish I could cook. Like, more than just pasta and hamburger helper. I wish I could just toss in a dash of this and add a splash of that and come up with my own delicious creations. Someone teach me.
4. I wish I had someone to kiss at midnight on New Year's Eve. I don't think this one really requires that much explanation.
3. I wish I had the ability to own a camera for more than 5 months without destroying it. Sadly, the camera that made it all the way through Europe with me met her end at the Chickasha Christmas lights due to me dropping her on a frozen sidewalk. It was a sad day.
2. I wish I could see the West Coast. It's really the only region of the USA that I haven't yet been to and I'm ready to go ahead and cross that one off the list.
1. I wish I was better looking. That would definitely help me out with #4 on the list. However, I doubt this one is going to magically happen.

And there you have it! So if you're looking for a last minute Christmas gift, you can try and get me something from my list. Some of it might be tough, but you can be creative. Offer cooking lessons. Offer to give me plastic surgery. Offer to kiss me on New Years.

Or you could always just buy me the puppy. :)

1 comment:

Megan said...

Ok. I can help you with cooking (seriously, my last name is Stewart... Aka Martha), I'll venture to the west coast with you (like San Fran!), and I'll consider the New Years thing... Haha love you