Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Starting Again

My oh my how time flies.

I find it hard to believe that it has been months since I wrote in this thing. Yet the proof lies in the fact that it took me several tries to log in seeing as how I had forgotten my password.

But the last time I wrote, I debated on whether or not I was going to keep up with this thing. I decided not to with the justification that nothing that exciting was going to happen in my life. Yet I failed to see that life isn't just exciting when you're jetting around the globe or seeing famous things. Life can be pretty dang amazing when it comes down to the daily and the ordinary. And in this transition stage of my life right now, I think things are amazing enough to get down on paper. Or screen. Whatever.

So in response to your gracious thank you's for returning to my blog (no worries, I can sense the gratitude from here) I can say......you're welcome.

Aaaaaaahhhhhh...........it's like slipping back into my favorite, most comfortable pair of shoes. Or a warm bath. Or something more manly. :/

So anyway, as I kinda already eluded to, things are crazy right now. And not just because of those dreaded finals (which just so happen to coincide with my first blog post in 4 months. Coincidence? Nope, definitely not.) but also because life is so absurdly ambiguous right now. Up until this point in my life I have always have the definite and the known to look forward to.

I'm done with middle school, next is high school.
I'm done with high school, next is college.
I'm done with this semester, now time to tackle next semester.

But now what's next?

Not to say that this is that unusual or unique, seeing as how every single person in the world gets the thrill of this stage of life. But it's so scary. Terrifying, actually. Yet it is also so wildly exciting. Where will I be in a year's time? Will I be joining my new friends in Spain to celebrate a Madrid Christmas? Will I be going to a co-workers Christmas party in Boston? Chicago? Dallas? Will I be sitting on my butt in Calvin, Oklahoma?

Hmm. I went a little too far with that one.

But the point is that I have NO clue what my next stage will be.

Am I scared? Oh yeah.
Am I uncertain? Undoubtedly so.
Am I ready? Definitely.

But now onto some definitely less serious stuff. My dear, sweet, amazing, beautiful friend Katie (who I miss very much, btw) was gracious enough to give my blog an award. And here it is.....



So apparently I'm fabulous. Or at least my blog is. Okay, sure. I'll give it a shot. So now I have to list my 5 addictions. Which now that I think about it, is kinda tough. But here goes nothing....

1. World of Warcraft!!!!!!!1!!!1!!!1!




Pwning n00bs.

Totally rad.








2. An organization I feel very strongly about....


Pistols for Pandas. It's only a matter of time before they take over anyway, people. We might as well arm them now.

3. The great American pastime

NASCAR.

Mobile homes.
Car fumes.
All the snuff a guy could want.

What more could you ask for?

4. The OTHER great American pastime...

Of course I'm talking about noodling!

There's nothing quite like sticking your arm in a dark river hole and waiting for a huge catfish to take a nibble.

5. And last but not least, and probably the most obvious....

BOOBIES!!!!!

Minds out of the gutter people.

PSYCHE!!!!!

Wow, all this lack of sleep from finals must REALLY be getting to me. Hmm.

So anyway, here are my REAL (current) 5 addictions, in no particular order:

1. Finding new music - no lie guys, I could pass an entire Saturday just browsing through iTunes or Pandora or some other music website and finding new stuff. Of course, I always have my backups that will never, ever get old, but man I love finding new, great music.

2. Travelling - If I could just pack up and live travelling from country to country for my entire life, I probably would. There is nothing I love more than seeing new places and meeting new people. Each and every place has so many amazing things, and finding those things have given me a ton of pleasure in my day.

3. Hanging out with friends - this is definitely not new. It's really not all that shocking to see me choose hanging out with friends rather than studying for a test the next day or working on important projects. The way I see it, my friends are going to be there forever, but that class will be over in a month or two. Sure, grades last forever, but I've really started to care about those little letters less and less.

4. Twilight - I know, I know. I should not be reading romance novels written for 13 year old girls. BUT, at least I have a story for how I got hooked. It all started when I was backpacking through Denmark and Sweden all alone. I was starting to get lonely and I really, really wanted to see something in English, so I made my way to a bookstore in Copenhagen. And the only, and I repeat the only book they had in English was Twilight. So I bought it, read it, and the addiction was on. It's serious too, ya'll. I even went to see the midnight premier.

5. Spain - I hate being one of those weirdos who lives in a foreign country for just a short period of time and then can't stop talking about it. But wow. I freaking love Spain. The culture, the music, the food, the people, EVERYTHING. I am dying to go back, and hopefully I'll get that chance over the next year. All in due time.

So there you have it, folks. My first blog post in several months. And possibly my most random post ever. But hey, no one ever said I had to stick to a certain method of writing, right?

For those of you who read this, I really do hope all is well and I hope to hear from/see/hug each and every one of you soon!

3 comments:

Katie said...

Bruised-leg boy... your post totally made my day, maybe even my week! Although I must admit I was a bit horrified to see world of warcraft at #1 (thought process: surely I know him better than that...) But alas, you came through in the end!
In the spirit of being one of those crazy foreigners who visits another country and can't stop talking about it (yes, I'm one too)... thought you'd enjoy this link:
http://stuffwhitepeoplelike.com/2008/02/22/72-study-abroad/
Hope everything's ok in Soonerville... miss you like crazy!!!

emmy said...

Jordan! I miss you so much, and I'm glad you're back on the blog, even if it's just to procrastinate from studying.

I can't believe I didn't know you were addicted to Twilight. We need to talk.

Love you!

Megan said...

I thought my eyes had deceived me when I saw that you had updated... haha! I'm glad we texted back and forth Friday night (even though I was in a movie...) I miss you! Keep me updated and I will do the same!