Wednesday, June 18, 2008

I'm Famous! (In Alcala at least)

So I definitely got interviewed live on air on Alcala's radio station today. That makes me pretty cool, right?

No, for real. I got interviewed. In Spanish. And I spoke back, in Spanish. Live. On air.

Probably the most terrifying thing I have done thus far. But also probably the coolest.

I guess it really wasn't that big of a deal. It was just a thing I did for a class and I got interviewed about studying abroad, where I was from, etc., etc. But it was cool, nonetheless.

I also went with some friends after class today to drink a pitcher of sangria and eat tapas. Which is further proof of how rough life is here. :)

Tomorrow I leave for Berlin to see my favorite German. I can't wait to see Philipp, as I haven't seen him since he came to visit me freshman year. So it's definitely been awhile. And he's been hounding me to come visit him in Berlin for years, and I'm so incredibly pumped to finally get to do it. It should be a great time.

I also made a new friend that lives in Madrid that really likes to let me practice my spanish! Which is nice because most of the time I feel like the spaniards here get somewhat frustrated with me. And I can't say that I blame them. But this new friend has promised to show me more of Madrid and I'm definitely excited for that.

And that, folks, is all the update I have for now. Life is neither overly exciting, nor is it boring at all. I am completely content with everything at this moment in time and I really couldn't be happier.

Life is good. :)

1 comment:

emmy said...

gosh, you're even a big deal in friggin' spain. i just found the greatest photograph ever taken. and of course, that means the two of us are in it. expect to see it posted somewhere, as soon as i get to a scanner. love you as always. and miss you tons.

h.a.g.s.,
em