Sunday, April 19, 2009

Moving Onward and Upward

It's no doubt that the past couple of weeks has been full of a lot of good and a lot of bad. And there are no two ways around it...I've got some serious internal conflict going on because of it all.

On one hand, I have the excitement of getting accepted into grad school and getting to do the one thing I've wanted to do for almost a year now.

And on the other, I have to accept that there are bad people in the world who will only ever care about themselves.

However, I am trying my hardest to push on and find that little glimmer of a lesson learned through it all. Not so much a concrete lesson like "always double check your locks" or crap like that. More along the lines of "good things happen but that doesn't keep the bad things from happening too, so you've got to keep your head up and keep on keeping on."

Too generic? Yeah, I need to work on my lesson learned. But that's the general idea and I think everyone gets the picture.

So now I'm just trying to set my eyes forward and move on. I can't let myself get too caught up in the "I got into grad school" thrill because I have oh so much paperwork to fill out and get done, including Spanish translations of my diploma and transcript, an Apostille Seal from the Hague Convention (wtf is that, anyway?) to get on all of that, and a student visa so I can even stay in Spain to begin with. And, of course, I can't let myself continue to sulk and throw myself a pity party just cause my stuff is gone now.

So it's official. I'm moving on. And it feels pretty good.

1 comment:

emmy said...

another thing you need to get done is booking a ticket to new york. they're just at $200!