Thursday, April 23, 2009

I'm going to be honest

I hate the song "I love college."

And it's not just the, "oh, that song is so overplayed" kind of hate. Or the "it's really annoying when that song gets stuck in my head" kind of hate.

It's like a "I think that no one in the entire world should ever be subjected to that song and that Asher Roth should be taken out back and beaten senseless for ever creating it" kind of hate.

Now, I've mentioned before that I am most definitely not a music snob. I appreciate all music no matter what the genre even if I don't necessarily enjoy listening to it. It takes a lot of talent to create music in any form and I can usually find the beauty in the song.

With that being said, I don't appreciate anything about "I love college."

Just to give you some lyrics from this song that, I think, will prove my point:

"That party last night was awfully crazy, I wish we taped it.
I danced my ass off and had this one girl completely naked.
Drink my beer and smoke my weed but my good friends is all I need.
Pass out at 3, wake up at 10, go out to eat then do it again"

I mean, really? And that's the freaking chorus, people! It's played over and over and over (literally the guy beats us over the head with it) and I really can't think of anything more representative of the god-awfulness of the song.

And it really bugs me when I hear people at parties get all excited to hear it come on the radio.

Oh, you trashy, trashy people.

So here's to those who agree with me that this song should be banned from humanity.

1 comment:

Megan said...

I don't know what you're talking about... They pretty much hit my college experience right on the head.

Hahaha JOKING! I think it came on and I changed the radio station.