Wednesday, May 14, 2008

The Only Thing That Is Constant Is Change

You know, I must have heard this quote about a million times. And like all things, it lost it's profound-ness over time. Yet right now, as my whole world has been rocked in every way possible, I'm beginning to see it's significance all over again.

Who would have ever thought that I would leave Calvin, come to a huge university not knowing anyone, and make some of the most amazing friends that I could have ever imagined? I definitely never saw it coming. But it's amazing how time blindsides you when you're not paying attention.

Time is a sneaky little sucker.

And now, as time is continuing on it's merry way, life as I know it has changed completely. My best friends, those who I have come to love very much, have all moved on to bigger and better things. I'm excited and happy for them. I just wish they didn't have to leave me. :(

However, I know that I'm also about to embark on some amazing adventures. Spain is in t minus 15 days and I can't even describe how excited I am for that. In fact, that is my main reason for starting this blog. To keep me in touch with everyone back home. And to keep me sane. (hopefully)

So, on any note, that is my life at the moment. Still reeling from the end of life as I know it. Yet excited beyond all belief for what life still has in store.

2008 is proving to be a very interesting year.

1 comment:

emmy said...

J, Jurden, Don, and whatever other name I have for you that I can't think of right now:

I love you! And the plan is still to meet up in Newark so I can be smuggled in with your luggage, right? Because I'm planning on it.

Facebook chat you soon. :)