Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Finally.....

I'm not going to be homeless!!

You know, getting a host family for study abroad feels a lot like an adoption service. You put yourself out there, give a few pages of information about yourself and your personality, and add on a few pictures to show what you look like.

And waiting so long to hear from my host family feels like no one wants you. It's a very disheartening and nerve-wracking thing.

However, the long wait is OVER! I received a super nice email from my host dad today, and he sounds pretty darn cool. His name is Luis Antonio Delgado Señas and he is right around the age of my own dad. He has two sons, Guillermo, who is 9, and Mario, who is 7. Apparently they're this really tight-knit family that spends tons of time together. He cooks for them every night and helps them with their homework. They play soccer on the weekends and go see plays and movies every Saturday and Sunday. They help plant trees along the Río Henares. They're the picture of the perfect spanish family.

Or so it seems. :) Guess I won't know until I get there.

Regardless, I finally have a family. Someone wants me. Or maybe someone is being forced to take me. Either way, it feels good to have a home.

Two days and counting.....

No comments: