Friday, March 11, 2011

New Apartment, New Start

You know what's amazing? The fact that such a small change, such as moving to a new apartment, can make everything seem so brand new.

I'm officially all moved in to my new place and couldn't be happier. It's a tiny little studio apartment, but it's my own space. No one else's. Just mine. Not that I don't like sharing, it's just that it's so nice to come home at the end of the day to a place that is all my own.

It's in a perfect location, too. I now live about 10 minutes away from the bus station where I take the bus to work every day. So now instead of having to take the metro for 30 minutes to get to the bus station, I have a little morning walk and I'm there. It's fantastic. It's also in a great, lively area with tons of restaurants and bars and young people. Plus, I'm now living right next to my friends Robin, Tom, Marcus and Lupe, so it's a little added bonus!

And now it's time to give you a tour of the new place! (which, let's be honest, won't take long)

First up is a shot of my "living room." You can see my storage places and my little tv and on the right is one of my balconies. That's right...I have multiple balconies.

Next up is my kitchen/entry way. Conveniently located right next to my living room/balcony area.

And here we have a close-up of my kitchen area, complete with all the necessary amenities: sink, mini fridge, microwave, stove, washer AND bottle of wine. All the important things for a happy home.

On the other side of the apartment is my "bedroom." The bed is actually a futon that doubles as a couch for my living room, but so far I've mainly just left the bed out. Next to the bed you can see my other balcony. And, as you can also see, I'm still showing my Oklahoma pride. :)

Here is a shot out of one of my balconies that faces onto my street and directly across into another building. At night we can kind of all see into each others' places, but it's all good. I've never been much of an exhibitionist before living in Spain, but it kind of comes with the territory here. You can also see that this balcony also doubles as my "dryer." Gotta love hanging the laundry out to dry. (side note: next time I write a "Things Jordan Misses," I will write about dryers)

Here is a shot of my street from out on the balcony. You can kind of tell that it's a lively little area with tons of shops and tons of action.

Here is another shot of the bedroom area but now converted back into the living room. So my big comfortable bed becomes a big comfortable couch.

And last but not least, my "dining room." I have a little folding table that can extend out even further than this depending on how much company I have. And with the size of this apartment, I honestly doubt I ever have a ton of people over at one time.

The only thing I don't have pictures of is the bathroom, but it's pretty basic. Shower, sink, toilet and that's about it. I'm sure you can imagine it.

Anyway, I'm really happy with the new place and happy with my new start. And I honestly think it's the perfect way to live out my last few months in Spain.

2 comments:

James said...

woah, OU pride. I'm jealous, my school is just tartan colors...it's not quite the same level of fierce.

Kayla said...

BEAutiful! Love the bed!